Southwick Branch - Chartered Accountants
Southwick is a village in the English county of Hampshire, situated north of Portsmouth and within the diocese of Winchester in the Southern most parish.
Southwick was initially the site of Southwick Priory, in the twelfth century. On the dissolution of the monasteries during the Reformation the estate, including the village, was granted to John White. In 1813 a new manor house, Southwick House, was completed. This house was gutted by fire in 1838, but was renovated by 1841. The house and part of the estate were requisitioned by the government during World War II and was used as the operations Headquarters for the D Day landings.
Southwick is rare in that the village is still entierly owned by the Southwick estate. The most obvious sign of this is that all the houses, except manor houses, have dark red-painted doors - a condition laid down in the tenancy agreements.
Southwick has two pubs, The Red Lion and The Golden Lion, with the local grocery store and post office. The former is a restaurant of some repute, while the latter has recently undergone extensive renovation which uncovered hidden inglenook fireplaces and huge beams bringing it back to its former glory to produce a local hostelry and a desirable country inn.